I’m going on a trip across the country and I want to take you with me!
After the the conclusion of Mission Memphis, I’m embarking on a new journey: Volunteer Bound!
Timeframe: December 2012
City 1: Portland, Oregon: Blanchet House
City 2: Boise, ID: Boise Rescue Mission
City 3: Salt Lake City, UT
City 4: Denver, CO
City 5: TBA
City 6: Kansas City, KS
City 7: St. Louis, MO
City 8: Nashville, TN
City 9: Atlanta, GA
City 10: Jacksonville, FL
I’ll be volunteering and blogging my way across America with the goal of promoting volunteerism from coast to coast. As with Mission Memphis, I’ll be chronicling these experience in real time so you can be part of this cross-country volunteer adventure and learn what you can do as a volunteer to combat hunger in America. Volunteer Bound starts from Portland, Oregon the first week of December and ends in Jacksonville, FL shortly before Christmas.
We need your help to make it happen! Here’s our wish list for the project:
- Hotel rooms for each leg of the journey (hotel sponsorship or hotel points)
- A 4 wheel drive SUV to get us through the mountains in December (pick up in Portland, drop off in Jacksonville Florida)
- Plane tickets or airline miles
- Donations for expenses IndieGogo
How to Help
- Sponsor Volunteer Bound! We’re looking for sponsors to fund our project and we’d love to have your support!
- You can donate on IndieGogo. Our goal, $7,241 will fund this project and future work promoting volunteerism. If this seems like an odd amount, you’re right! This figure is meant to remind you (and me!) that every dollar makes a difference and every little bit helps!
- Sponsorship levels and details coming soon. Email me at email@example.com to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
- Help us promote Volunteer Bound:
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. – Margaret Mead